What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is the focus on growing your business visibility through a search engine. The primary key for SEO is trying to attain organic traffic. In plain English, you want to attract non-paid search engine results. SEO is made up of creative and technical practices to improve your business ranking with Google, drive traffic to your e-commerce company, and create awareness of your business and brand.
Think of the internet as a giant highway with many exits on both sides of the road. SEO would be the signs that your potential customer uses to get to where they want to go.
Let’s say your company sells shoes, and a potential customer uses Google search engine to find “red shoes.” If your business has proper SEO techniques on its site, the chances that your customer will find your company on the internet is higher. If your site is not SEO friendly, your customer drives right by you. In fact, your customer might not even become aware of your business at all.
SEO is one the biggest online marketing techniques because it drives growth and helps you gain new customers. SEO is responsible for 30% of e-commerce site traffic. It is important that your business grabs a piece of the pie.
How do SEO Tools work in SEO eCommerce?
SEO tools are different practices deployed on a site. Search engines use these little robots called spiders. The spiders crawl throughout your website and index the content that is on your site. Aas they crawl through your site, it is important that the relevant sections of your site are easy for the spiders to find. If the spiders can’t find it, your site is invisible to the search engines. If it’s invisible, your customers pass by your online store. From these crawls, over search 200 signals and other different factors, Google ranks your site by two categories, on-page and off-page. The higher your rank, the more likely you are to get to the first page of a search result relevant to your site.
Whew! That seems overwhelming. Well no. There are some things you can do that can improve your site’s ranking over time. These things are:
- Keywords: These are words and phrases that describe your content. These phases need to be relevant to your site. If you are selling shoes but your site talks only about apples, that is not good practice for your site.
- Title Tag: The title that appears in the search engine results page and the browser tab.
- Header Tags: Web pages are divided into sections followed by the headers, H1 – H2. It is considered good practice to include your keywords your header tags.
- Body Content: Content is considered the meat and potatoes of your site. The content on your site should contain relevant keywords. The content should be natural, not overstuffed with keywords and be at least 300 words.
- Internal linking: Link related sites to the content written on your site.
SEO friendly practices are needed if you want your e-commerce site to rise from the online crowds of other businesses. That is why is it a good idea to hire a company that specializes in SEO techniques and marketing. Get your free SEO analyzer for your website or call us today at 888-982-8754.